Tarleen K.


North House


Topic : Marketing of Skin Care Products


Essential Question :

What is the most important factor in marketing your skin care product successfully?



Monday, April 23, 2012

Independent Component 2


1) Here is the link to the calendar. The schedule of clients is listed on the days and each appointment was 1 hour. I took a look at the client before and after the appointment. Before the appointment, I jotted down some notes and conducted a skin analysis, and which type of facial treatment I would perform. After the appointment, I would see which products I would recommend for their type of skin.



Link:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=pinktarsinspace%40yahoo.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles



 


(This is one of the books I used to analyze the skin)

 
(101 Beauty Tips: Notes)

                     


(Another source on homecare treatments and consultations)

(Consultation Notes and Product Recommendations ~ These are just a few of the 32 I did. I didn't think posting them all up was necessary. I did not include names and other personal information. I did not include specific brand names as well.)
     
     
   

                   



Literal
a) I, Tarleen Khauv, affirm that I completed my indpendent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b) I was orginally going to analyze this client's skin and after the appointment, recommend what products they could use at home, which would only take about a total of 10 minutes each. But then I asked my mother if I could stay inside the room with her while she conducted the facial. She would only allow me to stay if the clients were alright with it. Luckily some did not mind. So before the facial began,  I sat with the client and analyzed their skin. Whta type of skin they had and what facial would be best for them. I would let my mother know, and she would add to it, correct it, or tell me I was correct. While she conducted the facial, I sat there observing, and did not say a word. My job was to see how she spoke to the clients and how she was developing a relationship with them. I knew that this was going to be helpful for my EQ. After the facial was completed, I would then take them to the counter, and recommend what products were best for them, even if they did not want to purchase one.

Interpretive
While sitting in the room with my mother and the client, I could only listen and observe, not talking. So this allowed me to think about the various ways my mother conversed with the clients and how she was beginning to build the relationship and make them feel comfortable. The most significant parts of my component were sitting in the room and observing, and recommending which products they could use for their home regimen. Learning how to do something before actually conducting it is important. So in this case, just observing, let me gain knowledge and learn new things I didn't know before. While sitting in the room, and recommending products the client should use, which are an hour each, I hope that this will help me gain the experience needed to run my own business in the beauty industry.

Applied
This component, I felt was a little harder to conduct. Since the moment the client walked throught the door, to their last word to us, it is imperative that my mom and during this component, do our best to offer solutions and results to clients. My mom is always telling me that our goal is to be able to get the client to return from the first visit at the spa. When the client was finished with their facial, I needed to recommend which prodcuts would be best for them. If they have dry skin or get marks on thier faces easily, I could recommend a moisturizer and sunscreen. If they have problem skin such as acne, I could recommend a toner and acne medication to treat the acne. Recommending products is just the same as selling products to clients. I need to be trained in what the products offer and need to be able to speak with the client professionally and be able to communicate in a way that can get the client to trust that I know what I am doing. This essential if you want to market products well.


No comments:

Post a Comment