Tarleen K.


North House


Topic : Marketing of Skin Care Products


Essential Question :

What is the most important factor in marketing your skin care product successfully?



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Independent Component 2 Plan Approval

1) For my second independent component, I plan on gathering pictures of people, either celebrities or family/friends, who have various skin complexions, skin types, and skin conditions (such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, etc...) I would pretend that I am an actual esthetician  conducting a consultation and I would jot down a skin analysis, the type of facial treatment I would perform on them, and which types of products I would recommend(I do not need to use brand names. For example, I can state moisturizer, under-eye cream, etc...). I could also attend actual facial appointments(this isn't the self facials I did before) that my mother does, and study each client she performs the facials on.
2) I plan on meeting the 30 hour work requirement by examining each face and doing the analysis, would take about 15 minutes each. With each facial my mother performs, they are about 45 minutes - 1 hour, I will analyze the skin before and after.I will try to help my mother determine the skin's need and after the facial is completed, see what products can be used. I would have to wait until she finishes the client to do this. I also plan on looking for some classes that can offer more information about the skin(If I cannot find one,then I will exclude it from the component).

3) This relates to my EQ, because I need to communicate with my mother when I analyze the skin and to see what can be recommended for the type of skin on the client. Communication is a big factor when working in a department. To become a successful marketing team, communicating with one another to create a good end product will feel accomplishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment